Where worship is black and white
Racially diverse congrgations are becoming more widespread
Jonathan Wilson-Hartgrove, the associate minister at St. John's Baptist, a historically black church in
the heart of Durham's Walltown neighborhood, is a white man in a predominantly black church. He worries
that while some middle-class blacks find acceptance at mostly white, middle-class churches, these
congregations might be less accepting of... (continue reading)
Personal Characteristics of Disciples
From The Complete Book of Discipleship by Bill Hull
- A disciple abides in Christ through Word and prayer (John 15:7).
- A disciple bears much fruit (verse 8).
- A disciple responds to God's love with obedience (verses 9-10).
- A disciple possesses joy (verse 11).
- A disciple loves as Christ loved (verses 12-13).
The Complete Book of Discipleship (View product details)